Connecticut DUI Penalties | Consequences of Drunk Driving in Connecticut : Jail Time, Fines, License Suspension
First Connecticut DUI:
- Imprisonment: (a) up to six months with a mandatory minimum of two days or (b) up to six months suspended with probation requiring 100 hours of community service.
- Fines: $500 - $1,000
- Driver's License Suspension: 1 year (45 days through administrative DMV proceeding)
- Ignition Interlock Device: 1 year
- Victim Impact Panel: Requires as part of probation
- Substance Abuse Treatment Program: Required
Second Connecticut DUI:
- Imprisonment: Up to 2 years, with a mandatory minimum of 120 consecutive days and probation with 100 hours community service
- Fines: $1,000 - $4,000
- License Suspension: 3 years (or until age 21 if longer)
- Ignition Interlock Device: 3 years
Third or Subsequent Connecticut DUI:
- Imprisonment: Up to 3 years, with mandatory minimum of 1 year and probation with 100 hours community service
- Fines: $2,000 - $8,000
- Driver's License Revocation: Permanent Revocation (may seek restoration of driving privileges following 6 years)
Connecticut General Statutes
- Title 14 Motor Vehicles Use of the Highway by Vehicles Gasoline, including
- Title 15 Navigation and Aeronautics
- Title 53A Penal Code, including
- Title 54 Criminal Procedure, including
The skilled Connecticut DUI lawyers on this site can help you with all aspects of your drunk driving arrest including: further information on DUI penalties, fines, and consequences, administrative driver's license suspension or revocation, Under 21 DUI Drunk Driving and Zero Tolerance Laws, SR-22 insurance, DUI School, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Victim Impact Panels, how to beat a DUI, Ignition Interlock Devices, SCRAM Continuous Alcohol Monitoring Device, DUI Expungement, DUI Diversion, Community Service, and all other issues surrounding your Alaska Drunk Driving DUI Arrest.
Connecticut DUI Attorneys can help fight for your Rights following a DUI arrest in Bridgeport, Fairfield, Hartford, New Haven, Norwalk, Stamford, Waterbury, or anywhere else in Connecticut.