Indiana DUI Penalties | Consequences of Drunk Driving in Indiana : Jail Time, Fines, License Suspension
First Indiana DUI:
- Imprisonment: Up to 60 days. If committed with BAC .15 or greater: Up to 1 year.
- Fines: Maximum $500 plus costs. If committed with BAC .15 or greater: Maximum $5,000 plus costs
- Driver's License Suspension: 90 days - 2 years. Possible conditional privileges
- Probation: Up to 1 year.
Second Indiana DUI within 5 Years (Class D Felony):
- Imprisonment: Up to 3 years
- Fines: Up to $10,000
- Driver's License Suspension: 1 - 2 years
- Probation: Up to 3 years
Second Indiana DUI with Prior Conviction Occurring Beyond 5 Years (Class A Misdemeanor):
- Imprisonment: Mandatory minimum 10 days - 1 year
The skilled Indiana DUI lawyers on this site can help you with all aspects of your drunk driving arrest including: further information on DUI penalties, fines, and consequences, administrative driver's license suspension or revocation, Under 21 DUI Drunk Driving and Zero Tolerance Laws, SR-22 insurance, DUI School, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Victim Impact Panels, how to beat a DUI, Ignition Interlock Devices, SCRAM Continuous Alcohol Monitoring Device, DUI Expungement, DUI Diversion, Community Service, and all other issues surrounding your Indiana Drunk Driving DUI Arrest.