§ 110.10 Ignition interlock device program
110.10. Ignition interlock device program
The department shall promulgate rules providing for the implementation of an ignition interlock device program that will be conveniently available to persons throughout this state. The rules shall include provisions regarding all of the following:
(1) The selection of persons to install, service and remove ignition interlock devices from motor vehicles.
(2) The periodic review of the fees charged to the owner of a vehicle for the installation, service and removal of an ignition
(3) Requiring ignition interlock device providers operating in this state to establish pilot programs involving the voluntary use of ignition interlock devices.
(4) Requiring ignition interlock device providers operating in this state to provide the department and law enforcement agencies designated by the department with installation, service, tampering and failure reports in a timely manner.
(4m) Requiring ignition interlock device providers operating in this state to accept, as payment in full for equipping a motor vehicle with an ignition interlock device and for maintaining the ignition interlock device, the amount ordered by the court under s. 343.301(3)(b), if applicable.
(5) Requiring ignition interlock device providers to notify the department of any ignition interlock device tampering, circumvention, bypass or violation resets, including all relevant data recorded in the device's memory. Upon receiving notice described in this subsection, the department shall immediately provide the notice and data to the assessment agency that is administering the violator's driver safety plan.